Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Technology or Lack of It

Did anybody ever notice that when one needs something badly that is when things go wrong?

Well with all the advanced scientific equipment we all are surrounded when something goes missing we are like babes in the woods.

Today we needed the Internet for various important chores. So, what did happen? The entire cable network that is run by TimeWarner went down. At least at our place.

No Internet, no television and worst of all no telephone since in our house they are all bundled together. It is amazing how depressing to look forward to an evening without technology. How can we survive it?

We all kind of forgot that about 60 years ago we lived without all these advantages and did survive. So now we just panicked about the evening programs or lack of it.

I called Time Warner several times but with no result. I got disconnected, I was given wrong information, I got no help.

So we left the house in the afternoon and lo and behold by the time we got home just before 9 everything seemed to work. Maybe the system was really down or maybe we just got lucky. Who cares as long as I have my Internet back.

No comments:

Post a Comment