Tuesday, March 30, 2021

PASSOVER 3

Sunday was the first day of Passover. In my neighborhood every store was closed, it was eerily quiet. I really don't mind the quiet.

We were home all day resting and not doing much. Abigail's boyfriend came over and they were busy with what teenagers usually do.

I said before we again had a lovely dinner. I came to the conclusion that there is a lot of similarity between me and matzohball soup. We both get better as time goes by. Second day the soup is better than on the first and on the third day there are no words to describe it.

Last night's dinner was:

the traditional seder plate with its prescribed contents                                                                                  matzohball soup                                                                                                                                              beef sirloin prepared to my liking                                                                                                                  baked potato, vegetables                                                                                                                                matzoh                                                                                                                                                            wine, soda                                                                                                                                                      desert (poppy strudel, fruit cake, pogacsa)

Again, there was so much food that I can not describe it. I just can not leave food on the plate so, whatever my wife places front of me I eat. Than later, I deal with the consequences.

Today, Monday is the second day of Passover but since we do not observe it everything is back to normal. Foodwise it means leftovers.  

___________________________________________________________________________________                                                                            

I came to the conclusion today that I must be losing my mind. For weeks now, I had a note in my calendar that I had an appointment today with my doctor at 2:30 pm. We planned the day accordingly, until this morning I found out that I had no appointment at all. I was a little embarrassed because I have no idea where I got the information from. It was good thing we didn't go to the doctor's office because that would have been ridiculous.

I guess I'm not as sharp as I think I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment