Monday, March 22, 2021

Reality

I am not hung up on age but there are things that touch me. In 1970 there was a movie, a real tearjerker. I was called Love Story. I dare anybody who have seenit to say that there were no tears in their eyes at the end. This movie was clean, romantic and just a great film.

Its two heroes were Ali MacGrow and Ryan O'Neil. Two beautiful people at that time both in their twenties.

This morning they were interviewed on CBS TV. I know that today it is 52 years later, and I also know that time does not wait for anybody but still.

I was very touched by how these two performers look today. Ryan O'Neil is suffering from stage IV prostate cancer, he looks really old, overweight and liver spots. And he is only 79 years old.

Ali MacGraw looks a little better. You can still see remnants of the beautiful face she had back then, and she is only 81.

We are watching or just remembering movies from years ago with handsome stars and they are engraved in our memories the way they looked then. And when reality hits and we see them now then is when the "oh my God" escapes from our mouth. This is a sad reality but this is life. People change and most of the time not to their advantage.

It happens many time that a favorite performer from the old days who is not seen frequently suddenly appears is not being recognized only when his or her name is shown. We just have to accept that people do change and not always to their advantage.

But there are exceptions. My friends and I don't change. We look the same as we always looked if not better. 

2 comments:

  1. I just looked into the mirror and I saw myself 20 years ago. I should be so lucky.

    ReplyDelete