Monday, March 1, 2021

Retirement in Covid Time

9 am I get up. This is pretty much my routine. No matter how late I go to sleep. somehow oround 9 in the morning my eyes pop open. There is really no reason to get up any earlier because I do not ha ve a busy schedule. To be honest I do not have a schedule at all. 

My wife get up a little before me this way by the time I make my way to the living room the TV is on and the coffee is made. So the day begins. We sit around and talk until around 10:30. Abigail does not get up until 11 but she is up easily until 2 am. Robin is also sleeping very peacefully with whoever he can sleep with and by now it is Abigail.

Around 10:30 I start to "beautify" myself and by 11 I am ready for whatever the day throws at me. Which is not much!

I do not go outside unless we go somewhere by car to shop or there is a doctor's appointment . Usually my only foray to the outside world is when we take Robin for his midnigh pee run. I go out with my wife for protection! My walking cane is my weapon but thank God so far there was no need to use it.

Anyway between 11 am and evening we clean the house (meticulously), sit front of our selective computers or  watch TV. Oh, we also have lunch. After dinner my wife and I watch a movie or two which might take us to or past midnight. Then bedtime.

This is retirement in covid time.

No comments:

Post a Comment