Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Television

TV is a peculiar media. It makes things appear simple, easy and very possible. I can say almost magical. For example, did you ever see anybody struggle with heavy luggage?

Look at any scene where people travel, use airplanes, load up back of cars or anything similar. They are lifting luggages, two at a time like they are good old Arnold Schwarzenegger. 

I have never seen anybody lift luggages like that in real life. People fill them up with stuff until they are ready to burst and thus they are heavy, real heavy.

The other thing is when someone leaves a No matter what they will do job that person packs a small box with a few items and smilingly carries it out of the workplace. This happens only on tv. When I retired and left the office, I took five boxful of books and other things home. These were things that I accumulated throughout the years. Note: I only accumulated them after 9/11 because everything prior to that day were lost! If they were not lost I might have taken home 15 boxes.

And everyone of my boxes were totally full. I also know somebody who took home 13 boxes of technical books when he retired. So, this empty box with the bowling prize is a myth. Only on tv.

___________________________________________________________________________________

My favorite quiz show is Jeopardy. I love that show and I was really sad when Alex Trebek passed away. No matter what they will do to that show it will not be the same.

Now, they have these guest hosts until they decide who will be the permanent host. Ken Jennings was ok, a little stiff but I'm sure he can warm up. Second was a producer, he was ok. Katie Couric was fine yet, not one of my favorites. But these two weeks I will not watch because they have dr Oz. I can not stand the guy. I will not watch anything with him in it. I unerstand there is a viewer uproar against him. Silently, I join in.

I hope they will find somebody who is classy and intelligent to continue the tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment