Saturday, April 10, 2021

I like...

This morning I was wathching the new and within one segment I heard the most "popular" antisemitic remark.

The news item was on I24 an israeli news channel. I think the subject was that the israeli government is now permitting relatives of emigrants to enter the country for visiting their family members. This was done because the country is closed down due to the pandemic.

In the course of that item they interviewed an american couple whose son is in Israel for whatever reason. I believe the couple to be non-jewish because of what the father said. What he said was short and concise he said quote: ...I like the Jewish people...

To me this is as antisemitic as it can be. I used to hear statements like "he is Jewish but nice" or "he is black but nice". These and similar ones are most racist expressions one can hear. And, to hear it in this country is more disturbing because of the mix of people living next to one another without any problems.

This indicates that regardless of educating people there is an underlying hatred toward one another,

Very sad! 

No comments:

Post a Comment