Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Robin again

I have positive proof that dogs have no conscience.

Robin our "adorable" dog is the perfect example. He is warm and lovable. He curls up to me whenever he wants to. He lets me pet him if it is convenient for him. He lets me lift him up (all 9 pounds of him) and carry him around the house like a baby only if my timing is good. Belly scratching happens only when he wants it to.

Basically, he is a selfish little spoiled brat. He rules the house. Eats only what he wants to and most of the time it is the same thing we are eating. I think he believes he is not a dog but a hairy person who walks on four legs. He refuses to sleep in his little doggy bed but insists on sleeping on the bed while snuggling up to my wife's legs.

The routine is that at 5:45 in the morning my wife takes him out for a quick pee then he goes in to Abigail's room and continues sleeping on apillow until whatever. Hard life!

The rest of the day goes on without any excitement. He sits on top of a high armchair and looks at the world. At any given moment somebody moves outside our door or passes by our window that looks out to the street he barks. And boy does he bark? I am convonced that his hearing is no good because no matter how many times I tell him to shut up there is no reaction.

Now, why no conscience? Because after all the love dovey during the day in the evenings he bites me without a second thought. My wife and I sit on the sofa watching the tv with Robin between us snoozing. The minute I dare to move my hand he growls, jumps at me, and bites. I think what he does is protecting my wife because he believes I am an attacker. 

All day long I am allright but in the evening I am the bad guy. He has a Dr. Jekyll Mr. Hyde personality.   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment