Sunday, March 17, 2024

Clothing

When I worked and went to work regularly, I always used the subway. It was fast. convenient and in those days safe. Since my office was in Manhattan it was logical to use this mode of transportation. Lacking anything useful to do on these 45 minute train rides I had ample opportunity to watch people.

Around this time of the year when winter is not really gone, and spring is not really here I used to get a kick out of seeing how people dressed. Mornings were always cooler but during the days it warmed up considerably and that created the weird dressing habits.

I used to see people dressed in warm winter clothing with fur collar, hoodies against the chilly winds, then later in the day when the temperature went up into the 50s or 60s, they all looked silly and out of place. But people never learn. They keep doing this year after year and being uncomfortable. Maybe they like to suffer, I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment