Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Wikipedia

It is hard to believe that Wikipedia was not around ever. It is such a good source of information. I can think of any subject, turn to Wikipedia and there it is in details. Many times a lot more than I really want but still. Some know it alls claim Wikipedia is not that good or accurate but from where I stand or sit it is pretty good.

If I were going to school now, I would certainly rely on them. I am sure many young people make ample use of the information they contain. Come to think of it, how do they collect all that information, knowledge. They must have thousands of extremely smart people available to do this.

In addition, they are also available in many languages. I read the Hungarian Wikipedia and that one is also a bottomless pit full of information. I don't recheck the information, but I am sure they are correct. 

Wikipedia came into existence in 2001 and in that time it became the (I think) the most popular source of information. One interesting thing is how up to date they are in many things. A death announcement comes on the tv and a few minutes later Wikipedia shows that information.

With my wide range of knowledge I sometimes feel I am Wikipedia personified (ha, ha, ha).

No comments:

Post a Comment