Friday, March 22, 2024

Tik

Today's excitement was that this morning we noticed a little reddish spot on Robin's neck. My wife looked at it and made the diagnosis that is must be a tik. Last Sunday Abigail took Robin to the park and it is possible that he might picked something up there while rolling in the grass.

I called his vet's office, but they said they were very busy and couldn't take him until next week. This really riled me up and I gave them a piece of my mind about being unprofessional and money hungry, but it was of no use. 

My wife looked it up in a Hungarian web page where it was advised to rub the place with pork fat and after about half an hour try to remove it with a tweezer. The pork fat supposed to soften up the skin.

So, after a half an hour she tried the removal process but since the tik was not really visible there was not much to remove. Robin behaved very civilized during the attempt. Now we will wait and see if there is any negative sign that would show up.

Never a dull moment in our household.

No comments:

Post a Comment