Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Purim

Next Saturday is Purim. This is a Jewish holiday and while most holidays are somber this one is quite happy. It is not a carnival, but it is being celebrated by singing, dancing and not least of all eating. My wife decided that to celebrate this holiday we will go to the synagogue on next Friday night.

She also promised that after the service we would go out to dinner. Now, this is all fine with me. I have nothing against going to the service and have nothing against going to eat out. But two weeks in a row to dress up is more than what I signed up for. For me to put on a pair of normal pants is a very stressful exercise. My waistline is used to my elastic friend. But really, I can not go to the temple in warmup pants, can I?

Maybe I should buy me a pair of pants they sell for expectant mothers. These pants adjust to the constantly changing (growing) waistline. This is not a bad idea, I'll look into it. This is very upsetting. When I used to work, I was able just to take anything from my closet without worrying if it would fit. Slacks, jackets, shirts, anything. Now I have to try on at least three items before I can find a good one. This is very depressing. And I am not even overweight or obese.

The last solution is to buy larger sizes, but that cost money and who knows how long before they don't fit any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment