Sunday, March 3, 2024

TV

I don't like boring tv shows. I do very much like action movies and tv shows. Because the ladies in my house don't like them this way many times I am forced to watch these by myself. Just recently I finished watching a British series by the name of Peaky Blinders. I liked it very much. It had all the necessary ingredients: gore, sex, violence, rough language.

This show ran for six seasons, six episodes each. That is 36 episodes and I watched them all. It was very realistic and to a point scary. The storyline begun in the 1920s and ended in the 1930s. This is a gangster story with some (maybe) historical undertones. 

The scary part was the implication that in the 1930s in England there was some sympathy towards fascism and Hitler. They implied that there was even an English Nazi Party preparing for taking over the government. Now, this could have been just plain fiction or historical truth. I don't know but if it was the truth, it is scary because it shows what lurks in the minds of the people when they let their thoughts run wild.

From the lower working class all the way up to the aristocracy these sympathies were there and who knows where they are now? History proved it that it did not take much effort to stir up abnormal feelings in people.

In this so-called democratic country, they sent Japanese people into concentration camps during WWII just because they were Japanese. The rounding up and the eventual locking them in was not done in the most humane way and what is scary again they found people who were willing to assist in this shameful act. 

I just pray and hope that no such discriminative act will ever happen in our and in our children's lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment