Thursday, March 7, 2024

F.T.

F.T. is short for Food Terrorist. This is my new name and designation for Abigail. Every day we are having serious discussions about what is for dinner. This girl is so selective, so choosy about food that it is impossible to agree with.

My wife is a very good cook. Many times, she makes good old fashioned Hungarian food that lasts for three or even four days. These foods get better as they age. A good Hungarian goulash is a lot better in its second or third day than on the first day. Abigail never eats anything after the second day. When she finds out that on the third day, we might have some leftover that is when the sh.t hits the fan. Then either she orders something from some exotic restaurant like Japanese or Mexican or my wife cooks her something different.   

Her list of I don't like those is long. She is not too friendly with Hungarian food even though there are a few that she likes, but the majority she dislikes. Japanese Ramen soup, Mexican from Chipotle, Thai and Korean foods are her favorites. I don't know where she picked this crazy habit up.

The reason I call her the Food Terrorist is because regardless of what we like, she practically forces her mom to make what she likes. She doesn't like peas, she doesn't like bell peppers. She will not eat grilled salmon on the second day and the list goes on and on.

I always tell her that she is having it too good, and she will not be able to live like that once she goes off on her own. But this kind of talk falls on deaf ears because I can never win. I am the best customer for food. Whatever my wife puts front of me, I eat. I learned a long time ago never criticize a wife's cooking if I don't want to wear it. So, I learned to keep my criticism to myself. I am a pacifist! 

No comments:

Post a Comment