Sunday, March 24, 2024

Sorry

So, I missed one day. I am the Basa of this blog and it runs by my rules. But I do have a legitimate excuse. Friday evening, we went to Manhattan for Sabbath services to the Temple Emanu-El synagogue and after that we went out to eat.

The service as always was nice and elegant. They always have a guest speaker and this time it was some Muslim guy because of Ramadan. He spoke of the joint past and the hope for cooperation and friendship between them and the Jewish people. The congregation listened and applauded him at the end. People must have thought that the only way cooperation and coexistence may happen when one of the parties do not exist any more. And that is not in the future.

After the service there was a table at the entrance with some cheese, crackers, fruits, soda and wine. Before the pandemic they had this but not since. I think they just started this costume again. As non-paying participants I think this is a very nice way to treat the fellow Jews.

The dinner was in a Turkish restaurant my wife likes a lot. For meat they only serve lamb and chicken but but those in many varieties. So, we ate well, got home late and I skipped writing. God will forgive me so better if you do, too.

Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment