Friday, March 15, 2024

Wednesday

I honestly admit that I skipped yesterday because I just had no time to write. It was a crazy day with things to do around the house. It happens occasionally. But what made the day exceptionally busy was that there is a lady in our building who is a fairly well-known harp player and yesterday she had a concert in Manhattan. We saw two of her previous concerts and yesterday was the third.

It started at 7pm, doors opening at 6pm and no reserved seats, so we left early to make sure we get good seats. Well, we did get a very good table. This was a night club like environment, sitting at tables. The show was good. This lady is a very good harp player, she had a small band with singers accompanying her. She played popular songs and that way the atmosphere was very enjoyable.

My problem was that I had to dress a little more than I usually do. Bottom line was that my pants were very tight. I haven't had other than my warmup pants on for a very long time so when I tried to dress up yesterday it was a shock. I didn't think I was gaining weight, but reality said it differently. Pants and jacket that were comfortable the last time, now were tighter. This was a culture shock.

But regardless of the pain, I did enjoy the show. And that is what counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment