Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Monday

This evening I called a friend of mine I didn't tag to for quite a while. We used to work together and we always had a lot in common.

One common thing is that we both like to talk. Our telephone conversations used to last over an hour. Today's was much shorter only 45 minutes. My wife said we were like two gossipy old women.

I really take exceptions to that. We were not gossiping and we were not women. The old I agree with.

He shows genuine interest in our lives while I am interested in his affairs. That is not gossiping. That is just plain conversation between two friends.

What else two men can talk about? We were not discussing politics. He knows our views and we know his. Discussing politics would just lead to arguments and that must be avoided if friendships are to be maintained.

We talked about restaurants, travel and health issues. None of these were gossips.

Actually I wish he would have told me some gossips, I would have loved to hear some.

No comments:

Post a Comment