Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Monday

When I returned from my visit in Hungary in 2014 I brought back a few bottles of Hungarian brandy (palinka) and a couple of bottles of Polish slivovitz. This is same as the brandy.

Somehow if I drink the American stuff it gives me a shake and I just don't like it. But when I drink the Hungarian or the Polish stuff they give me no problem. To me this is a scientific miracle.

Well, sadly we finished off the last bottle during the Thanksgiving weekend. Now there is no more of this and I am very sad about it.

I just will have to make sure hat when somebody whom I know will go to Hungary will bring me back a few bottles of this good stuff. Interestingly there are a lots of different kinds of alcoholic drinks on the store shelves but none of these can be found here in the States.

I wonder why there is no market for such things. Vodkas are on the other hand in abundance. Every week there is a new brand coming out. Some claim to be Russian some re really Russian. And their price ranges are all over the scale.

I like vodka and to me the good vodka is the cheap vodka. Since I only drink it mixed I will not spend extra money on a designer brand.

Cheapovski brand is the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment