Saturday, November 26, 2016

Thursday/Frday

So I ate too much turkey yesterday and afterwards was not able to think straight.

Well, Thanksgiving (the day) is over. Yesterday we were invited to my wife's son for a traditional turkey dinner.

For a guy who never ever cooked a turkey in his life this one turned out fantastic. I love the drumstick and polished one off with half the turkey attached to it. There was soup, stuffing others side dishes, deserts and drinks.

We had wine and for desert we had Polish Slivovitz. This is a very potent short drink that we drank the long way. Put us all into a very happy frame of mind.

Today is Black Friday when the throngs of people go shopping and all hoping to land the deals of a lifetime. On this day the malls are wall to wall people with many stores opening around midnight and surprisingly people taking advantage of it.

Today is an official workday but most of the workplaces give today off. I for one don't remember when the Friday after Thanksgiving was not a holiday for me.

I keep telling my wife that today is still part of the holiday but she doesn't give me any breaks. Laundry, house cleaning and other mundane chores. Abigail is home from school and that is just about the only thing that makes today different.

But the good husband that I am, I just grin and bear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment