Saturday, December 17, 2016

Friday

Everybody around me is traveling. My best friend is coming back from Las Vegas after a week of being there. My wife on Tuesday arrived from Hungary but still suffering from jet lag. My other friend is on a cruise in the Caribbean.

And I, well I am traveling from the living room to the kitchen.

So as it is obvious we are always moving. Hungarians as a people love to travel. I don't know what causes this urge but maybe the fact that after World War II when the Soviets came to power travel was strictly forbidden. People were not even allowed to travel to neighboring "friendly"countries.

When the regime slowly became more liberalized travel restrictions were one of the first things they let up on.

I also believe that when they elected the first Polish pope he started to travel immediately because he was previously subjected to the same restrictions as everybody else in Eastern Europe.

So we travel. Maybe once when we have seen everything this world has to offer we stop traveling or just go someplace else.

No comments:

Post a Comment