Thursday, December 8, 2016

Wednesday

My wife and I speak several times a day. Technology is wonderful, there are no distances in this world that a simple cell phone could not bridge.

I remember that many years ago I called the operator and made an appointment when I wanted to call my Mother in Hungary. The operator had to make the connection across the world and when everything was ok they called me and than we were able to speak.

Today I call my wife on her US number and she answers like she were a block away. The only problem we are having is the time difference. They are six hours ahead of us. Meaning that around midnight when I'm getting ready to go to sleep they just getting up over there.

But I don't care. As long as I hear her voice, regardless of the time I'm happy. I really miss her.

Abigail and I are getting along fine.  Two nights ago we had Popeye chicken for dinner, yesterday it was cheeseburger and today we bought burritos from Chipotle. Tomorrow remains to be decided. But it is certain that we will not be undernourished.

My wife wa telling me the good stuff she was eating there already: Szeged fish soup, cold cuts, warm home baked bread and other selected goodies. I gained five pounds just listening to her.

I know that a week from today she will be back but at this moment time just don't want to fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment