Thursday, December 22, 2016

Wednesday

I wrote before that when a man gets a cold it is the end of the world. When I get one I suffer like you wouldn't believe it. I am loud and I share my suffering with my family and with everybody around me. I don't want to do anything just (not)quietly suffer.

Now my wife has a very bad cold. She thinks she got it on the plane on the way back from Europe. She was sitting next to some old Germanic biddy who was coughing all the way from Zurich to New York. Now it came out on my wife.

But here lies the difference. She is not at all like me. She suffers in majestic quiet. I hear her cough and I know her throat hurts but she is not complaining at all. Her throat hurts so bad that she can barely speak, the poor thing. I feel terrible for her because there is nothing I can do to make her better.

But in her case life does not stop. She continues to do her chores like cooking and keeping the house in order and Abigail and me in line.

If it were me I would just lie down and let everything go to the dogs until I get better.

Now I know why they say they are the stronger sex.

No comments:

Post a Comment