Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Monday

I have a veri logical explanation why I abstained from writing for all this time.

I was busy.

If that is not an acceptable explanation here is the long version of it and I will be going backwards.

Today at 3:55 pm my wife left for a visit to Hungary. This was a momentous event for us since she has not been there for twelve years. The decision was made very quickly like middle of last week.

We spent several hours trying to find an acceptable airline with a reasonable fare. And, since that idiotic Hungarian airline went bankrupt it is not easy to find a good trip to Budapest. Finally we selected Lufthansa and that is the one she is flying now.

Being her first trip back in such a long time you can imagine how much preparation and excitement went into it. I think I was more excited than she was.

I volunteered to stay behind and babysit Abigail. I may get sainthood by the time she returns but right now we are getting along fine.

The thing that made the trip such an urgent necessity is that my wife's Grandfather is very ill and she wanted to see him before the unspeakable happens. Her Grandfather and Grandmother raised her and understandably she is very close to them. I honestly hope and pray that she has time to spend with her Grandfather.

My wife has been away only for a few hours and I already miss her. I hope I'll survive the week.


No comments:

Post a Comment