Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Coke

I never really liked Coca-Cola. From the earliest days that I am in this country I was a Pepsi man. Somehow that was more sympathetic to me than Coke.

There were exceptions though. At soda counters, diners one was able to get a Coke with cherry syrup, called cherry soda. And, this was good stuff.

My being a Pepsi fan lasted quite a while but then a switched over to Tab. Tab was good soda but I don't think its popularity lasted long. So, we parted company.

I switched my allegiance to Fresca. I thin it was a lemon flavored drink, and I happen to like anything with lemon flavor.

After my Fresca days were over I think I went to the Coca-Cola camp but only as a Diet coke consumer. Its taste is different from the Coca-Cola and I like it. It also has no calories and no sugar content.

Being in this country a long time I was never able to develop a taste for root beer and whiskey or baseball and football (american). I hope this will not make me a bad person!

Back to the drinks.

Lately we switched over to seltzer. Supermarkets sell flavored seltzers in all fruity flavors. Very pleasant, with no caffeine, calories and sugar but pleasant taste.

I may have missed a few drinks and I am sorry but my memory is not as it used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment