Thursday, February 11, 2021

Travel

Traveling. as far as I can see from my couch is nothing but hassle. To go anywhere is more problem that is is worth. I am not even talking about catching the virus. I am talking about what the airlines and the authorities put the traveling parties through.

Wear a mask or get arrested; sit three across inches apart; all kinds of documents proving one's health at the arrival point, and also at the return.

Now, if I am naive enough to go on vacation I will find that there are no eateries open except for take out. Wahat kind of vacation is that where I have to eat in my room and practically recook the food?

No wonder that resorts are struggling because of the lack of people. I for one. love to go to St. Maarten and Hawaii, oh and Las Vegas, too. At each of these places eating out is part of the joy being there. Not cooking in the room.

In Hawaii we went to Luaus where there was good eatings. That was part of the program. Las Vegas is famuous for its variety of resturants. The French part of St. Maarten is world famuous for it french cuisine. Now, if none of these places are available why should I spend my money to go there.

But, here is the proof that we are not living in an equal society. In the old Soviet Union in Moscow there were special traffic lanes for the party elite, there were special stores for the party elite.

In this country where we, the ordinary people are living with all the restrictions the higher ups, the wealthy, the celebrities don't feel the pinch. They travel, they vacation, they party. Every week in the supermarket magazines there are photos of these people vacationing in Hawaii, St. Barth, Tahiti and God know where else. 

How do they get to be so lucky that the rules do not apply to them?

No comments:

Post a Comment