Saturday, February 13, 2021

Old cars

There is a car auction site on one of the sport channels (I told you I watch sports!) and it is called Mecum Auctions.  They broadcast from different parts of the country mainly from Kissemee, Florida.

They show antique cars, rare cars, everyday cars and other four wheelers. It is very interesting to see how much money some of these cars are worth and how much people are willing to pay for them.

A little while back an ordinary 1968 Ford Mustang GT was sold for $3.4 million. It's claim to fame was that Steve McQueen drove it in the movie Bullit. Its owner bought it 40 years ago for $3,500. Now this was a hefty profit.

I see cars I used to walk by on the street many many years ago now being sold for hundreds of thousands of dollars. Cars I used to own now seem to worth a lot more than they did way back then. It seems the older they are the more they are worth. These are real old cars, but they are cleaned up pretty weel and their engines are still working.

This brings me to a question.

Me and my cohorts are fairly old. We are all nicely cleaned up and our engines are still functioning!? Are we also worth a fortune? I mean, I saw cars from the 40s and 50s being sold for half a million and up. What would our worth be? Because the way I see it the older it is the more it is worth!

I always believed we are not getting older, we are getting better.

No comments:

Post a Comment