Monday, February 1, 2021

Snow

 The best job in the world is weatherman. Probably pays well and it is totally without any responsibility.

Early last week they predicted a good snowfall for Tuesday and Wednesday for New York. My wife and I covered our car and the City suspended alternate side parking for these two days.

Do you know how much snow we got? Zilch! The sanitation people made extra money sitting in their trucks, drinking coffee all day and waiting for the snow. And all this because the weathermen misread their signs.

Now they are telling us that a considerable snowstorm is coming towards New York for Sunday-Monday-Tuesday with at least 10" accumulation. Do we believe it or not?

The hard part is that I have a doctor's appointment in Manhattan and according the City driving will not be very easy. So should I cancel or should I not? 

Well, I did cancel because the forecast is very bad. Actually at this writing, about 9 pm Sunday it is snowing pretty good. So far this winter we only had snow twice so far. I mean actual snow not just useless forecast. Anyhow, we will see what we will wake up to.

Now that I don't have to go see the doctor, I really don't care. My wife and I covered our car and we have no plans to leave our home tomorrow. The fridge is full, Abigail's school sorry, college starts tomorrow but it is online so weather has no effect on it at all.

If the snow gets deep we have to watch for our dog because he is small and white and can easily get lost in the depths.


No comments:

Post a Comment