Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Horizon

Today is Monday, at least at the time when I am writing this. Time is slowly but surely is moving ahead. The only problem is ahead and towards what?

I am convinced there is a future even for us oldiest goodies), but nobody knows what is it holding. Politically, financially and healtwise.

When I worked we had deadlines. We had to deliver stuff to our clients and these deadlines were our futures. In good times once we delivered there was another deadline with a horizon, then another and another.

Now things are different. There is a horizon but nobody knows what is awaiting for us once we get there.

This horizon is at different distances, and those distances depend on one's age. I am sure that my horizon is a lot closer than Abigail's horizon. But as the Brits say no matter what we still have to "keep a stiff upper lip". Or something like this. 

Our world is changing fast. There is a new normal that is nothing like the normal we were used to. But us humans are a very adaptive race (at least speaking for myself). If it is necessary we can adapt to anything. Speaking of myself, I went through ups and downs and ups and downs in my life and I am still here and hope to be for a while.

So, I am trying to stay as optimistic as I can be because my motto is that "no matter what happens, tomorrow the sun will come up and there will be another day".


No comments:

Post a Comment