Friday, February 5, 2021

Leave Me Alone

 I'm sure that one time or another I expressed how I hate outside influences in my decision making process. Well, if I did I will just repeat it again, or update it.

Actors are paid to act. For money, and good money they become other personalities for the sake of the public. Just becausde one plays a doctor for years does not mean that he is a doctor, or one plays a scientist does not mean that he has the basic knowledge of science. All that means is that these people are good at playing different characters.

Watching a lot of TV or movies we are prone to come up with character surprises. Somebody we know for years for playing a heavy will suddenly shows up playing the gentlest character possible (adopting kittens, bunnies  and baby deers).

This will again prove that they just go where the money is.

So, why should I believe Tom Selleck when he advertises a reverse mortgage company, or why should I believe Joe Namath when his Medicare commercial is on non-stop on all channels or Pat Boone's  advertisement about step in bathtub?

I don't believe any one of them. They say what the written script says. This former singer, good old Pat Boone has a net worth of about $50 million, and that means he can afford a much better bathtub than the one he is advertising. So why should I believe him?

Joe Namath has a net worth of about $25 million. Am I supposed to believe that he carries this simple Medicare insurance he claims is the best?

Tom Selleck lives with his family on a 60 acre avocado ranch in California, has a net worth of about $45 million, gets $200,000 per episode of his TV show. Would anybody believe that he would take a reversed mortgage plan? So, what right he has to tell me that in his opinion this is a great company with a great opportunity?

Under the same hat show people's political affiliations have absolutely no meaning for me. Their credibility is zero. 

When Donald Trump was elected President Robert De Niro announced he was moving to Canada. I was watching the border but didn't see his moving truck crossing. Words are cheap!

Just don't tell me what I should do! Let me make my own decisions and make my own mistakes. A man learnes from his mistakes was and is the old and current adage. 

Just leave me alone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment