Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Old and Snow

On Monday we had a gigantic snowstorm in New York City. Pretty much everything in the City came to a standstill. I didn't leave the house. My poor wife and Abigail had to take the dog out. He wasn't too happy with all this snow.

I can understand him. The snow is about a foot high and so is he. It is a good thing he has a long leash because more than once he sunk into the snow and if it weren't for the leash it would had been good bye doggie (by the way in this house he is the only one with a long leash).

Lately I developed a genuine fear of falling down. Maybe because on certain occasions I do fall. This winter I fell once at the previous snow in the middle of December. I slipped on some ice. Since then I am really not looking forward to going out in the snow. My wife informed me that until Spring I am staying home. Unless the snow melts before.

This is one of the curses of old(er) age. There are more but I don't feel like listing them here. However one of the intersting symptoms is that many times I see things to get done on tv, physical things that don't look difficult and I always tell myself that I could do that also.

Then I get off the couch and almost trip over my big toe.

No comments:

Post a Comment