Saturday, February 27, 2021

Glenfiddich

I am not a whiskey drinker. In all these years in this country I never developed a taste for whiskey. I don't know the difference between rye whiskey and bourbon. Expensive whiskey would be wasted on me, just like wine.

Today we went in to a kind of alcohol warehouse. Very large and a tremendous variety of all kinds of alcohol and naturally at all prices.

There was a glass cabinet, locked which drew my attention. In it were several bottles of whiskeys ranging from $200 up to over $8,000. The expensive ones were mostly Glenfiddich whiskeys.

I don't know who the Glenfiddich people are and what do they do to make their stuff so expensive. Most of their costly ones are 40 years old, that is around the 1980s. Well, I am twice that old so I should worth a lot more.

What happened in the 80s that this drink is so valuable? I just wonder how many bottles of the $5,000 to $8,000 range they sell in a week? Does anybody come in and buys a case of the $8,000 bottles?

And lastly, what kind of people drink this expensive stuff?  

No comments:

Post a Comment