Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Age

How do other people see us? 

When I walk the streets, which doesn't happen too frequently I always look at other people. Just out of curiosity. With looking I try to judge their ages. When I see an older person, I look a little closer just to see if the person might be younger or older than me. And if I judge the person to be older, I give it another look to see the condition he or she is in.

There is nothing wrong with this. People like to be aware their surroundings. Now, when I get up in the morning and go to the bathroom and look into the mirror, what do I see. I see myself. And since I see that gorgeous face every single day, I do not really recognize much change. The changes are obvious when I find an old photograph of me and try to compare it with today's face. Wow, what a difference. But this is life, and this is the progression of time.

Now I wonder, that when somebody sees me on the street, somebody who does not know me what does he see? Do I appear as just another old bloke, gray haired, walking with two canes? Or he says that guy with the two canes doesn't really look that old.

I don't know the answer and honestly, I don't want to know.


No comments:

Post a Comment