Friday, March 10, 2023

Birthdays

March seems to be a very popular month for birthdays. Not that babies are not born every single day of every month but in my sphere, there are more birthdays in this month than any other month of the year.

Today and tomorrow are the birthdays of another very good and close friend and his lovely wife. As far as I know it is rare that husband and wife have b. days the same day or at least in consecutive days. But it did happen to this lovely couple. My friend and I go back 66 years, his wife not that long but it seems I knew her most of my life. They are lovely people and I love them both and wish them all the best life has to offer, longevity and good health!

The 24th of this month is my Father's birthday. He was born in 1899. Seems like such a long time ago. I miss him because he left too early but to be realistic, he would be 124 years old now. Nobody lives that long, at least not yet. So, I just have to accept the fact that he is no longer among us.

When I think back that my father was born in 1899, and my grandparents in the 1860s those times don't seem so pre-historic. I have photographs of when they were young and I can really associate with those. Today's kids with their uppity attitude look even to us as ancient. They have absolutely no interest about our times when we were young. They don't care what the world looked like back then. Actually they have no interest in what the world looks like now. They all live in their cocoon and that is enough.

Sad, very sad.


No comments:

Post a Comment