Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Biginning to End

Yesterday I wrote about a birthday. Birthday is the day we are born, the beginning of our long trip in this world. Most of the time this trip comes to an end at one point. In some cases it is a long trip but in some cases it might be cut short. When it happens to a loved one or to a dear friend this trip is never long enough.

The other day I found out that a very dear and longtime friend recently passed away. This was the second such disturbing news in a very short time. This friend was a colleague whom I know for over 50 years. We eorked in the same company, in the same group. He was an engineer and very knowledgeable in his field. When I retired and later he did we did not lose contact. Met periodically and updated each other of our personal and family situations. I knew he was very ill but never imagined that his illness would take him away from us. He was a little bit younger than I and I feel his trip was cut short by fate.

Rest at peace my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment