Sunday, March 5, 2023

Anticipation

Just in case the anticipation keeps you on edge to hear the reason why I skipped Friday, here is the explanation.

Friday was a very busy day at home. We had several chores that were to be completed and because of that I had no time left for myself. What drove the busy day? Ther fact that we had to leave home by 5:30pm. We decided to go to Friday night Sabbath service to Manhattan. The service at Temple Emanu-El starts at 6 and to get into the City is no small feat. But we did it, got there, thanks to my handicapped parking permit parked almost front of the synagogue and everything was ok.

The service was nice, mainly because it was primarily in English. In Hebrew it would have been a total waste for me. Years ago, a friend of mine's son got married in a Ukrainian church where the service was in total Ukrainian. Hebrew would have been the same for me. I sat there not understanding a word and not knowing what was going on.

Anyhow, after the service we, the three of us went to a Turkish restaurant for dinner. My wife loves Turkish food and I have nothing against it. My wife had lamb shish kebab, Abigail something else lamb and I had lambchops. It was four beautiful lambchops done just perfect. Oh, we also drank Turkish tea which is probably a Turkish version of Lipton tea. I couldn't tell the difference. 

But now, reading this I hope you can understand why I skipped writing on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment