Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Grandma

My wife went to Florida to see her newborn granddaughter the first time. She was a little excited about meeting her which is understandable. I would probably be the same way. I saw photographs of the baby and she seems very cute. But most babies are cute, right? 

She flew because we agreed that it would be crazy to drive at least 15 hours each way for a visit of two days. There is no comparison between 15 hours of driving and three hours flying. What a difference interestingly it was around 40 degrees in New York when she left and around 80 degrees when she got there. 

I hope she is having a good time even though she will be doing stuff around the house by helping her daughter. I for now, am enjoying the peace and quiet. She stuffed the fridge with food, enough to feed an army so Abigail and I will not go hungry. During the day Abigail is off to school so it is Robin and I in the house. He sleeps most of the day meaning it is just me.

I don't my a couple of days being alone. There is so much going on in our lives that a few days respite is welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment