Friday, March 31, 2023

Donations

My wife has a very good heart. This is good but many times it leads to in conveniences. When she gets an unsolicited mail where they are asking for money, like contribution she takes it serioulsly. Then we are paying for it on the long ru

Some months ago she received a solicitation from an animal society. She felt bad and gave them money This was the start of an avalanche of animal societies asking for donations. The other day we had five pieces of mail in our mailbox but four out of the five were various animal societies. You send money to one and immediately that same one is asking again. What do they think, or they don't think at all?

I don't know how charities find out that when people donate. But one donation opens the floodgate to a myriad of others. he mail never stops coming. They know your address and they seem to know everything about you. The funny thing is that they also think they know everything. Like I keep getting solicitation about some veteran organization who keeps calling me a veteran. I am not a veteran and I was never in the military.

This just proves that how desperate and sometimes phony these organizations are. I wonder how much of my one dollar goes to the purpose it was meant for. The CEO of the American Red Cross was paid over $600,000 in salary. This is obscene. I will never give a penny to the Red Cross because I will not finance the CEO's lifestyle. And the same goes for most of these so called charitable organizations.

Good country, America! 

No comments:

Post a Comment