Saturday, March 25, 2023

New Life

My wife has three children. So, when we got married I became an instant dad to them. They accepted me with love, and we do have a good relationship. Two of them are adults and live away from us while Abigail, the youngest lives with us. My "fathering" skills are really used on Abigail more than on the others (they are lucky).

Her other two children, one boy and on girl live their own lives in Florida. The big event is that last Friday, on April 17 at 12:30 am I became a step granddad. Our daughter gave birth to a 6.4lbs little girl. Mother and daughter are fine and the little girl is so ever cute. We get daily updates and pictures and videos of her.

I really don't know what the responsibilities of a step grandparent or any kind of grandparent are but it still warms the cockles of my heart to be one. I am impatiently waiting for the chance to see my new grandchild and enjoy her beauty and innocence knowing that the second one will not last forever. She will grow up to be a know it all teenager. The question is, will I be around to see it?

It is happy and at the same time sad to see a new life coming to this world and knowing that my presence in this world is now limited and my possible involvement in her life might be just short term. But, hey that's life, right?___________________________________________________________________________________

Just a remembrance.

Today, March 24 is my Father's birthday. He was born in 1899. What a long time ago! I loved him and miss him a lot but I have to accept the fact that if he were alive he would be 124 years old. Nobody lives that long. But his memory lives with me forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment