Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Engineer

My wife is a domestic engineer wit a superior knowledge of all kinds of mechanical gadgets around the house. As I noted several times we live in an apartment where space is kind of limited, yet... I mentioned before that we live in an apartment where space is ind of limited, yet she managed to acquire a respectable collection of mechanical gadgets, operations of which she is a master of.

We have a gas range/oven, a microwave, three refrigerators, an air fryer, a toaster, a Keurig coffee maker and a Nespresso espresso maker, a waffle maker, a deep fryer, a vacuum cleaner, a carpet washer, a cold cut slicer, a juicer, a blender and God knows what else. These are the only ones within my eyesight. I am sure there are some others put away that she only takes out when needed.

Amazingly, she knows how to operate each and every one of them. I am awed at her versatility. Never knew she was so mechanically inclined. Oh, I forgot that not long ago we threw out a bread maker that she did use but decided it was easier to buy bread than to make it. I'm glad we don't have a house because then we would also have the machinery necessary to homeowners, like snow blower, grass mower etc.

I am so glad that all these items are available in this country. My Mom had a manual can opener and a crank type manual grinder and was able to keep her kitchen going.

What a country.



No comments:

Post a Comment