Thursday, March 16, 2023

Birds

As I mentioned it several times, we have a dog. That dog needs to eat. Robin loves people food and since he doesn't think he is a dog he just not very crazy about dog food. When ads show dogs diving into a bowl and chomping at the food that is being advertised, it does not apply to Robin. Robin does not chomp. He takes one bite at a time, takes it out of his dish, takes it to the carpet and eats it. Yes, to the carpet. He loves to eat from the carpet. I don't know where he learned this from. We never eat from the carpet.

My wife loves animals, actually so do I. We live in a kind of garden apartment with squirls and sparrows outside. So, she decided to buy feeders for these things, and every day she puts out peanuts for the squirls and various seeds for the birds. Supermarkets don't carry a larger variety of foods necessary for these critters and their prices are just not low.

Now, we are regularly ordering from Chewy, a pet food company. We had a delivery today. The box was so huge it put the delivery man to task. But it had everything we wanted. Now we are set for a month, until the next delivery. 

The squirls don't complain but the sparrows can be pretty noisy when they find their feeder empty. I don't know where they learned it, not from me. I am pretty quiet when I am hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment