Sunday, March 19, 2023

Retirement

There is a belief that when a person who worked, physical work all his life, eventually retires the lack of doing something will kill him. For example, when I worked, we hired a retired older man who worked on the railroad all his life. We hired him because he was very knowledgeable about railroad operations. He was not much sitting in the office but whenever we went out on the tracks he was in his element.

He worked with us for several years but eventually we ran out of that kind of work and he had to retire again. Sadly, shortly into his second retirement he passed away. The not doing anything probably killed him.

It is a good thing that I was not a manual worker because since I don't do anything that should kill me. Even though I enjoy being useless and I am not missing work at all. This way I am just a stay-at-home smart aleck who knows everything better than anybody else. 

Unfortunately, my movements are kind of limited this way I can not do everything I wanted to do but never got to it. This way my bucket list remains uncompleted.

No comments:

Post a Comment