Friday, March 3, 2023

Poppy

If I worked in a sensitive place like an atomic power plant or similar where they perform random drug tests, I would certainly flunk one. I love to eat but I do eat with control. But when something that I really like and get rarely show up on the table all bets are off.

Tonight, and two nights before my wife made noodles with poppyseed. This a very popular Hungarian dish. When I was younger and lived home my mother made it about once every two weeks. That was when we had a meatless day. Anyway, I love it.

Unfortunately, it is not very easy to find poppy seed in stores. I guess because of its relationship to opium. But in my neighborhood, there is a Mediterranean store that sells it, grinds it and voila. No more excuses. And it is not even costly. The thing with poppy it does show up in drug tests. That's why it is a good thing that I don't work at such place. Actually, it is a good thing that I don't work at all.

Now that I had two servings I can't wait until my wife decides to have it again. Long live poppy seed!

No comments:

Post a Comment