Saturday, June 25, 2016

Friday

During our trip to Coney Island with a bunch of teenagers I came to a world shattering conclusion. Fourteen year olds have the attention span of a kumquat and the intelligence of a gnat.

They really don't care about anything but themselves and playing games. God save us if life makes us relying on them for any kind of help.

I am trying to think back to when I was at that age and I am sure that neither me or any of my friends were so self centered as these kids are. I know they are only fourteen but still. I don't know what they learn in school but I am convinced they have no clue what goes on in the world. And they don't even care.

They are convinced that if anything bad is about to happen their parents or at least the grownups will fix it. Perfect example is that when we are sitting in heavy traffic and it looks like we will be late for school it is I who is responsible and it is I who has to fix the problem. She has absolutely no conception of what might cause traffic problems. Or just doesn't care.

And this is our future generation. At this moment it's frightening.

Something else.

A little philosophy:

"If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

This question has been around for a while and I guess it was digested several times.

I have that same question with a little variation.

"If one pees in the shower and nobody know about it is it still disgusting?"

No comments:

Post a Comment