Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Tuesday

Why do I remember what we did on a particular day so vividly?

I really do not remember at all but this has a history behind it.

When I was about 13-14-15 years old my mother's sister, my aunt gave me a leather bound calendar for that particular year. Since I studied French in middle school I still remember enough to start writing a daily diary in French.

When I finished the year I continued writing in that same book with a different colored pen and this went on for a few years.

Anyway, since that time I have been keeping diaries for almost every year. Maybe I skipped a few at the beginning of my being in this country.

But now I have volumes and volumes of diaries in every possible drawer in this house. This is not a collection of sentimental feelings. These are a collection of daily events of what I did, where I was, who did I meet.

It might be boring to others but it is interesting reading for me.

On trips, vacations I keep a separate book because I write with a little more detail than usual.

I figured that in later years somebody might be interested to read where and how I spent my times. If nobody cares that is fine too.

No comments:

Post a Comment