Friday, June 10, 2016

Thursday

At this time I am glad I am at the age I am!

Not that anything can be changed about it but still I am glad.

Today we went to the high school where Abigail will start in September. There was a good two hours long orientation for the new students.

The school has a capacity for about 3,800 pupils. There were about 30,000 applicants of which about 500 were accepted. Abigail was accepted to the school's Drama Academy which had 500 applicant but only 24 were accepted.

Bottom line is that she did well by being accepted here.

Now why am I glad that I'm ver this school thing?

There were so many things discussed at this orientation that my head was spinning. The kids are supposed to remember everything they were told. They have a myriad of options for clubs, sports and other type of involvements that it is unbelievable.

ThanDrama Academy will create plays, will make short movies and learn the behind the scene goings ons.

School can start as early a 7:35 and can run as late as 3:35. These are long days.

I remember I had long days in my school but never started before 8 in the morning.

Aside from the programs they were given so much instructions on lockers, behavior, absenteeism, dress codes and other stuff that I could not remember half of it. But then it is not I who have to go there.

Old age has some advantages!

No comments:

Post a Comment