Monday, June 27, 2016

Sunday

This morning I turned on the TV to watch a little soccer. Morning actually is a misnomer because it was almost 11:30 by that time.

There is a European Cup tournament going on in France with a bunch of European countries' involvement including Hungary. Being Sunday morning several games are being broadcast live.

In my younger days I was never a soccer fan but weighing my options between baseball and american football soccer is looking better and better. So, now I am a fan.

Actually chess looks better than baseball!

Watching these soccer games, not just the national teams but top notch clubs also it never amazes me the enthusiasm of the fans.

They follow their clubs, they travel to the games, they carry club or national colors, they are boisterous on their favorites' behalf.

This afternoon Hungary will play Belgium but we won't be home to watch it. If by some miracle I will be able to master the intricacies of  recording that every three year olds know I will record the match.

As an afterthought, I also beginning to like rugby or Australian football or that sport by any name. Now that is a real man's sport. Not that sissy American football.

No comments:

Post a Comment