Sunday, June 12, 2016

Saturday

I mentioned that a couple of weeks ago we purchased three free standing air conditioners for the apartment. There is one in almost every room and when the weather is warm they work pretty well.

At least I hope so because since we bought them until about today we had nothing but cool weather. It's ok because at least we are having on the electricity.

The problem we are having is that they are all using 110 Volt currency and when they are on we can not use any strong appliances. When my wife uses the vacuum cleaner it blows out the circuit. When the ladies are using the hair dryer it blows out the circuit.

We are having circuit breakers so all that is happening is that they trip and need to be reset. The ones that trip are the 15 Amp and some of the 20 Amp breakers. I will have to talk to the building super to see if they can reinforce these breakers. I know that it will cost money but he, it is part of being a homeowner.

Speaking of being a homeowner. Last week one day when we came home my wife found a nice puddle under the kitchen sink. When we checked it out it turned out the the elbow under it was continuously leaking.

Next morning the building handyman came up and announced it not only the cleanup plug was rusted but the pipe also had a hole in it. Easy to fix it but I have to pay for it.

I figured I'll give him a $20 for his efforts when he kindly advised me that it would cost $65. He also told me that whatever happens inside the apartment is our responsibility since we own it.

I had no choice but forked out the $65 and had my first lesson in home ownership.

No comments:

Post a Comment