Friday, June 3, 2016

Mea Culpa

Mea culpa, mea culpa! I know I didn't write for a few days but I do have serious excuse. I was very busy every day and by the time we got home I was so tired that just couldn't see myself sitting down and "create".

Today promised to be a nice quiet day but just didn't turn out to be one.

My wife and I were going non stop from the morning on until about ten tonight. The son and his girlfriend came over for dinner and that is always a tumultuous affair.

But the main event was that today is Abigail's 14th birthday. We didn't have any major celebration except her brother here. She also didn't get any presents this time. Because of her recent behavior she was told she wouldn't get anything.

But if she behaves she would get a combination graduation/birthday present.

When I was at that age I got a fountain pen or a book and I was happy. Today if it is not a playstation with an accompanying game don't even attempt.

That is the attitude of today's youth. The way I see it it is sickening.

The playstation is not inexpensive but it is fine, I guess. But the games she listed are really disturbing. They are about the end of the world, alien attacks,  constant killings and other equally disturbing things.

The fact that they are labeled not for children does not bother her. She said if we want to buy anything that is for children don't even bother buying it.

When will things improve?

No comments:

Post a Comment